It was thus said that the Great Reuben Thomas once stated:

> Comments about the pipeline code and API are most welcome,
> particularly on the relevant github issue

  Years ago, in my own homebrewed language, I too, did something similar
(with piping of STDIN and STDOUT) but I also had the ability to pipe STDERR
to a separate chain of commands [1]---the actual piping could get quite
convoluted, but I'm wondering---can you do the same with luaposix?

  -spc (Or even of arbitrary file descriptors, ala bash?)

[1]	Unix commands were first class objects, as were pipe lines of Unix
	commands.  It's just that the syntax of the language was pretty
	nasty for this type of stuff. [2]

[2]	It was based on Forth.