Sean Conner wrote:
[...]
>   First off, the version of sparse you use, 0.4.1, isn't readily available
> at the link you provide, only 0.4.4.  I had to clone the git repository
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse.git) to get (or
> "checkout") 0.4.1.  I then applied the given patch from clue-0.6, then built
> sparse and then clue.

Grar. Okay, try this one. (This is the one I actually took the diff
against.)

http://ftp.be.debian.org/pub/software/devel/sparse/dist/sparse-0.4.1.tar.bz2

I have a feeling that not all sparse 0.4.1 source code bundles are the
same, as that's the only way to explain some of the oddities people have
reported.

At some point I should probably try to update the patch to the latest
sparse version, but the patch is a bit pervasive and I've rather
forgotten how sparse works inside.

│
│ 𝕻𝖍'𝖓𝖌𝖑𝖚𝖎 𝖒𝖌𝖑𝖜'𝖓𝖆𝖋𝖍 𝕮𝖙𝖍𝖚𝖑𝖍𝖚 𝕽'𝖑𝖞𝖊𝖍
𝖜𝖌𝖆𝖍'𝖓𝖆𝖌𝖑 𝖋𝖍𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖓.