On Thursday, March 07, 2013 09:29:14 PM Newton Kim wrote:
> I agree with Daniel.
> It is evident that != is widely used, but I don't think it means that Lua
> should follow.
> I'm happy with ~=.

If it is going to be changed, why not do away with the syntactic sugar that is
~= or != or whatever? Everyone can just use 'not (X == Y)' which is the same
thing.

For that matter, we can also get rid of one of 'and' or 'or'. If 'or' is
dropped, then get used to typing 'not (not X and not Y)'. I'm sure everyone
will be much happier without the needless complexity of having two binary
logic operators where only one will do.

--
tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>