On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Spencer Parkin
<spencer.parkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Make it simple!  What is a build system?  It's just a darn dependency
> graph, isn't it?  Why make exposing the use of such a thing complicated?

I'll add another bullet point: make it easy to install.  Because
otherwise your users are going to bitch and whine about yet another
complicated dependency if they want to build your software.

Lake is just Lua, plus luafilesystem, and optionally either winapi or
luaposix for multithreading.  I'm not too proud of this fact, but it's
a single 3 KLoc Lua file. Does make it rather easy to deploy, however,
but would not get me any marks in a software engineering course ;) I
can pack Lake into a single 340Kb standalone executable for Windows.

OK, propaganda mode off. Time for less biased opinions to flourish.