>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/safelua/files/lua-base/lua-5.2.1.tar.gz/download

>> You should get the source from lua.org.

> You mean the Brazilians' server? Why would I do that? I trust my own server.
> I don't trust the Brazilians; they tried to hurt me before.

The sourceforge URL you provided will redirect to one of SF's many
mirrors, one of which happens to be ufpr.br (Brazil).

To be sure, you should check the md5sum (or sha1sum) of the
downloaded tarball, regardless of which server you get it from.

 - Jeff