On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Sven Olsen <sven2718@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hrm -- Groovy calls ?. the "Safe Navigation Operator".  That feels like a
> better name

Excellent, says what it does.  I really think this is the kind of
thing that could usefully have a home in 5.3, but we all know where
Lua patches live on the wiki.  Patches are frustrating things to
apply, since they are necessarily highly version dependent and they
often don't compose - the chances of two lexer patches conflicting are
quite high. Can be helped by an organized patching strategy - add a
small case patch and an extra function that does the work.

Perhaps I will make a selected set of Useful Patches available as
options in LuaBuild.