On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM, joao lobato <btnfdp.lobato@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.... I think so, too. Then what are we bickering about ? :-p

Except, LuaBuild is (a) Lua 5.2 only and (b) it covers a rather small
set of libraries:

modules/complex.lake
modules/curses_c.lake
modules/inotify.lake
modules/linenoise.lake
modules/lpeg.lake
modules/lsqlite3.lake
modules/ltcl.lake
modules/luasql.odbc.lake
modules/lxp.lake
modules/mime.core.lake
modules/posix_c.lake
modules/socket.core.lake
modules/winapi.lake

(a) is just a question of some more work; I'd be happy to produce a
Lua 5.1.5 or LuaJIT 2.0.1 edition if there was call for it.

(b) is more problematic, because the LB build module won't scale up to
hundreds of modules, all in the same repo.  Here I think we must look
towards LuaDist, which has been starting to move in this direction.

steve d.