On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM, marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was just looking at the MediaWiki developers progress on integration
> of Lua 5.1. They've generated a fair bit of documentation on their
> progress, changes they made in Lua, etc.
> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lua_scripting#Documents>.  They've got
> a MediaWiki extension called Scribunto working on a test server for
> integration of scripting languages with MediaWiki. Lua is the only
> supported language so far.
>
> Significant progress on an app that has somewhere around 400 million users.

We're actually planning on enabling this feature for the English
Wikipedia in about 8 hours (23:00 UTC, or shortly thereafter). If that
goes well over a reasonable testing period, the other languages will
follow.

The biggest piece of documentation is
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Scribunto/Lua_reference_manual>,
which is <http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/index.html> edited to simplify
things for our users and remove the bits that aren't available in our
sandbox, and extended to document the bits we've added.

--
Brad Jorsch
Software Engineer