On 02/14/13 15:03, Steve Litt wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:35:01 +0000
Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> wrote:

On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@gmail.com>
  wrote:

Unless they removed support for it, Decoda can also attach to any
external process that has a Lua core and debug it. That's a big
deal in some cases.
So can Koneki LDT and ZeroBrane Studio.  And both of them can also
run on non-Windows operating systems, unlike Decoda, which might be a
big deal for some folks.  I think both LuaEdit and DforD LuaCoding
can do remote debugging too, but they're only for Windows.

But I'm not disparaging Decoda at all - it's great to have so many
choices for Lua IDEs. Naturally it's impossible to name any as the
"best", for all people/needs.

Do any of these IDEs have database connectivity and screen painters
such that you can quickly develop an application? Something like
Powerbuilder or Delphi or Clarion?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. You're wanting to use one of the IDE's to manage the database (something like the Kate plugin that allows you to run SQL queries)? As for the "screen painters" I'm not familiar with that unless it's some kind of UI specific thing (was that was it was called in the WinAPI?) The only thing I can think that you might be getting at with that is perhaps something like ZeroBrane Studio's live coding (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/live-coding-with-love.) If you're asking for something UI toolkit specific for building the interface, the answer is likely "no."