On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> wrote:

On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Unless they removed support for it, Decoda can also attach to any external process that has a Lua core and debug it.
> That's a big deal in some cases.

So can Koneki LDT and ZeroBrane Studio.  And both of them can also run on non-Windows operating systems, unlike Decoda, which might be a big deal for some folks.  I think both LuaEdit and DforD LuaCoding can do remote debugging too, but they're only for Windows.

In ZBT's case, it looks like the program being debugged needs to be modified in order to be debugged by putting `require("mobdebug").start()` somewhere near the start of the Lua code. In Decoda's case, absolutely zero modifications are needed.