On 24 Jan 2013, at 13:06, Patrick wrote:

> I am just trying to work something out in my head and I was hoping someone might give me a little feedback.

There is an article/chapter in Lua Programming Gems about something similar, which is probably worth reading, it's quite security focussed if that's a concern to you.

We construct and send Lua programs through Gearman, but only from/to processes on the local machine, so security isn't a major concern. Also, our programs are simply a list of function calls. I can say however, that the only issues we've had have been with Gearman, but they've been minor. The code has been running in production since May last year on a couple of servers.

Thanks,
Kevin