On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Justin Cormack
<justin@specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> I think cross platform with mobile is really hard unless you use HTML... the
> abstractions are very different.

Yes, they don't match desktop-style widget sets either, which are
actually fairly similar (except for truly weird things like those Gtk
list views which try to be trees as well).  And we have enough trouble
with cross-platform desktop toolkits!

Using HTML isn't so bad these days - mobile browsers are competent
enough.  One way of getting most of the logic into Lua would be to run
a little private web server  (Orbiter would be suitably lightweight,
and I know it works with LuaJava, so I'll try it out and see)

> This is not necessarily true for some domains eg 3D which is more standard though.

I suppose this is why there are more cross-platform games platforms
that go directly through OpenGL ES.  (Some are using LuaJIT for that,
I believe, and it probably outperforms similar Android apps that use
Java.)

steve d.