2013/1/18 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>:
>> There's no math.asinh, math.acosh, math.atanh.
>>
>> The reason presumably being that ANSI C does not provide them.
>
> C99 does. See http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lmathx

Sorry, I should have checked there first.

But it's not only C99 that has the inverse hyperbolics.

~~~
       asinh():
           _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500 ||
           _XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED || _ISOC99_SOURCE ||
           _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L;
           or cc -std=c99
~~~

What percentage of Lua installations nowadays are compiled with
a compiler that does not conform to any of those?