>LuaCSP library is a framework that allows you to create pseudo-concurrent programming language embeddable in your application.
>
>https://github.com/loyso/LuaCSP

Hi Alexey,

This sounds quite advanced indeed. We actually worked on a similar topic (which is a subset of your project): be able to abstract a little bit coroutines (yield and resume) in order to provide easier to use concurrency.
So basically we end up having a system that provides the same features as what you call "Fundamental Operations" (i.e. blocking call, but yielding internally so that the other coroutines can have a chance to run)
Our project is now quite mature, and available here: https://github.com/SierraWireless/luasched
It also provides a luasocket compatible API to access sockets that does not block the Lua VM.

Cuero