I'm having trouble getting the following to work (reduced example, fixed bad line wrap).

"script1.lua"
print("Final result from os.execute():", os.execute("start.bat"))

"start.bat"
@ECHO OFF
echo Started batchfile
lua.exe script2.lua
echo Batch received %ERROR_LEVEL% as exitcode
exit /B %ERROR_LEVEL%

"script2.lua"
local exitcode = "25"
print("========================")
print("    Script 2 calling")
print("  exiting with",exitcode)
print("========================")
os.exit(exitcode)

What I'm trying to do is catching a return code. Script1 calls the batchfile, which calls script2. The batch file has to be in between to do some OS magic.

This is the output;
C:\Users\Thijs\Dropbox\LUAPRO~1\busted\test\src>script1.lua
Started batchfile
    Script 2 calling
  exiting with  25
Batch received  as exitcode                <===
Final result from os.execute(): 0

C:\Users\Thijs\Dropbox\LUAPRO~1\busted\test\src>

So the exitcode to the os.exit() call in script2 does not get passed on to the %ERROR_LEVEL% environment variable(marked with <===). I'm running this on Windows7, using Lua for Windows.

Any ideas?

Thijs