On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Jim Whitehead II <jnwhiteh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Lua is significantly easier to read and use than JSON, but
> interoperability does make the decision rather difficult.

Yes, it would not be very difficult to write lean & mean LTIN parsers
in C, but most of the world believes in array/map dualism.  General
Lua tables are not representable with the 'classical'[1] variants of
these data structures, so for general consumption maybe there's a
semantic restriction to being _one_ or the _other_.

[1] Pretentious footnote: like the quantum mechanical wave/particle problem.