Am 05.01.2013 um 22:03 schrieb Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Duncan Cross <duncan.cross@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For readability, my least favourite things about canonical JSON are
>>> that it does not support comments, and there's no way to break a long
>>> string literal over multiple lines. Apart from that it's pretty good.
>>
>> OK, so what we need is LON (Lua Object Notation). Just a little less simple.
>
> Seconded. Count me in (as far as time permits — code reviews for sure,
> maybe some actual code/docs contributions too), always wanted to do
> this thing.
>
>> (With a multiline no-commas optional format for config files)
>
> That may be over-complication.

I am interested in LON, as a simple format for data exchange, as well.  LON should be usable with a very small library that does not need a full Lua runtime system (as much as JSON does not need a full JavaScript system).

I include David Holland in the CC list, he is a senior NetBSD developer and he is actively researching the topic.  Maybe he is interested in this discussion.

- Marc