On 01/05/2013 05:03 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:
There is an ongoing discussion in the NetBSD community about the "right" language for
> representation. The idea is to replace an older system called "proplib". The
discussion rotaes a bit around JSON and Lua as possible candidates, with probably
a majority leaning towards JSON because it is smaller (some say a factor of ~16
compared to Lua).

Where does the factor of 16x come from?

I've been interested in Lua as a config format but haven't had luck with proposals at work. I've always thought the ability to provide hooks or extensions from a config file would be powerful.