I am using Lua in Love 0.8.0 which likely is 5.1.

Thank you very much for trying, I know now that it should work, I will try it myself in bare Lua then try to figure out what is going on in my live code.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers Wireless network.

From: Bezobiuk Volodymyr
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:44 PM
To: Lua mailing list
Reply To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Unrequire

checked that and can't reproduce. see attached files. the output is:

[ded@breeze tmp]$ lua5.1 nomodule.lua
in module1 1 st time    table: 0x1ddb3d0
in module1 2nd time    table: 0x1de4840
in main program 1st time    table: 0x1de30e0
in module1 1st time    table: 0x1de4840
in module1 2nd time    table: 0x1de4ad0
in main program 2nd time    table: 0x1de5410

so that it _does_ work as expected... wonder why in your case it doesn't

Sincerely,
  Volodymyr