With "self:super(title", in fact, I can call the constructor of the parent class. At the point of view of the usage of OOP, it's very nice. But, at the point of view of performance, if I understood what you said, it's not suitable. I have a more efficient way to call the constructor resulting in better performance? In other words, with Penlight, Classlib, Loop, LOS and other OOP implementations have I always performance issues to consider? I'd like to use a library becouse my knowledge about metatables and metamethods does not allow me to handle it directly. Have I interpreted correctly what you say? If the performance is only a little bit less efficient, regarding the wonderful features of Penlight, I prefer to continue using.