On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Thijs Schreijer
<thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
> That is indeed a nasty one. But still very annoying that there is no level on an assert call. Any ideas on how to add such a thing without breaking anything?

I think what you're looking for is not called assert().  Some Lua lib
functions are already dangerously overloaded (think of table.insert)
and I've often found myself 'being clever' with overloading.

This assertl is straightforward to write, at least.