On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Tim Caswell <tim@creationix.com> wrote:
> The trick to get good speed is to JIT _javascript_ code on the fly and let the browser's JIT engine chew on that.

IOW: compiling Lua (or LuaJIT) bytecode to _javascript_, right?

Right, my approach is shipping the bytecode to the browser and interpreting/compiling/jitting that in the browser.

> The built-in tools are _javascript_-centric and not much good for debugging lua code.  Either the abstraction is leaky (debugging at the JS level) or someone needs to write new dev tools that work at the lua level.

the Dart tools (google's proposal replacement for _javascript_) includes
Dartium, a modified Chromium build that includes the Dart VM alongside
JS.  the Dart debugger works 'remote' by hooking to the VM but the
debugger runs inside the IDE window.  Still, the included debugger and
console are Dart-friendly.

>  This can be done, but it's more work than I am able to do without some form of sponsorship.

well, sponsorship is the biggest advantage Dart has over Lua....   :-(

--
Javier