On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> just opens a non-network webkit frame and loads an included JS file.
> most of the multi-phone-OS frameworks work similarly.

There is another approach, which is a Lua micro-server coupled with a
browser control. (e.g. a mini-Orbit like Orbiter).  Using fast local
HTTP changes the typical web-app trade-offs, and then JS just serves
as the handmaiden to Lua.

Part of my difficulty when working with Orbiter is that at heart I'm a
desktop GUI person, and thus trying to force a UI paradigm that that
doesn't quite fit.  That is, I want Widgets.

steve d.