On 1/2/2013 8:22 PM, Michal Kottman wrote:
On 2 January 2013 13:17, Erik Hougaard  wrote:

    On 02-01-2013 13:07, Michal Kottman wrote:

        Well, if anyone finds an encryption library as an
        alternative to PolarSSL which is not GPL licensed, I would
        be more than willing to re-license the whole code as MIT/X11.
        Opinions are welcome, I am willing to re-license it.
        IANAL, but right now I am forced to use GPL (as I
        understand it).

    Please read this:
    https://polarssl.org/foss-__license-exception
    <https://polarssl.org/foss-license-exception>

I fail at point 2.2 with the inclusion of miniLZO, which is also
GPL licensed, and I know of no exception.

But it seems that a little Google will take you a long way:
Crypto++ seems to be licensed in a very open manner - code is in
public domain, and it contains more algorithms than PolarSSL.

Okay, so ltn12ce v0.2 will drop LZO support (it is not a stream
compressor any way) and replace PolarSSL with Crypto++.

An alternative to LZO is LZF, which is BSD/GPL (the last time I checked...)

It's somewhat in the ballpark of LZO, weakish but speedy (at least, about as fast as you can go with a LZ compressor on very standard C). The sliding dictionary is 64KB hashed and the encoding is byte-aligned (literal encoding is a horror, but it's not for compression size anyway).

The last time I checked (a few years ago), it has a simple wrapper for the block-based library. Anything compatible with its stream format should be a compatible stream, I think...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)