Some time back I was tinkering with Lua and Google's Data Visualization API and thought it would be interesting to try and plumb the two together. Fast forward some time and I came up with a Lua library that works reasonably well and can produce some interesting results, so I thought I would write it up with a bunch of examples and post it online.
If anyone wants to have a play with it, dont expect it to be super slick bug free code as this is my first attempt at writing a Lua library.

Website: http://www.luadataviz.webspace.virginmedia.com

It ended up as a mash up of some Lua, html, _javascript_ and Sqlite code, it sounds complicated, but in reality it is very easy to use as that complexity is largely hidden.

A good example of the hidden complexity is the Motion Chart
http://www.luadataviz.webspace.virginmedia.com/html/motion_chart.html
http://www.luadataviz.webspace.virginmedia.com/html/motion_chart_2.html

The output result is sufficiently "feature rich" that it takes a 5 minute video to explain it, yet it can be produced by 4 lines of Lua code. I thought that was pretty neat !

Happy Xmas to the Lua list

Regards Geoff