Hi, all,

Hit an error message issue with Lua 5.2 embedded in the NoteCase Pro
outliner program. I had the following code line that improperly
prepended "local" to a call to an application's APIl:

  local Nc_GUI_InfoBox("ERROR: The program's focus must be in the Note
Pane when executing this action. Terminating prematurely.", 1,
"ERROR", nDlgWidth, nDlgHeight)

Dumb coding error (my specialty), but the resulting error message from
Lua was that it expected a ")"
near "," (which doesn't have much to do with the actual problem).

'Twould be nice if Lua could throw a more enlightening error message
in such a circumstance. The particular line immediately followed
several other lines that declared local variables and I was so misled
by the error message (and my stupidity) that it took 45 minutes of
debugging before I spotted the problem.

Best regards,

Paul