On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or are Lua programmers just too individualistic for this ever to work?

Total bunch of cats ;)

But seriously, I would get bothered if someone abuses  'lpeg', since
it's part of the extended library.  Ditto for 'lfs', 'posix' and so
forth. It's the old namespacing problem.

Go's solution is rather Java-esque, e.g. to bring in my fork of golua one says;

import lua "github.com/stevedonovan/golua/lua51"

That 'lua' is optional, and is an opportunity to rename the symbol,
which would be 'lua51' by default.

So all seventeen forks of golua have no problem distinguishing among themselves.

(A rather cool feature of the Go build system is that if it cannot
find that library locally , then it will go look on Github and grab
the package.)

But this is probably wandering off topic by now...

steve d.