It was thus said that the Great Philipp Kraus once stated:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using lua_register to register some C function. I can call them in my
> Lua script. I would like to build packages, something like:
> mypackage.mysubpackage.myfunction The functions (functionpointers) read
> from a DLL, so I know the name of the package, subpackage and the pointer
> of the function. How can I build the package structure? Can I add the
> packagename to the lua_register eg lua_register(L,
> "package.subpackage.myfunction", funcptr) ?

  Yes.  From some modules I've written [1]:

static const struct luaL_Reg reg_math[] =
{
  { "randomseed"        , math_randomseed },
  { "idiv"              , math_idiv       },
  { "div"               , math_div        },
  { NULL                , NULL            }
};

int luaopen_org_conman_math(lua_State *L)
{
  luaL_register(L,"org.conman.math",reg_math);
  return 1;
}

  Never had a problem.

  -spc