On 06/12/12 22:19, Coda Highland wrote:
[...]
> Strangely enough, you actually only listed three -- KDE uses Qt's font
> rendering, which is based on Harfbuzz... but recent versions of Pango
> are ALSO based on Harfbuzz.

That's very interesting --- initially I thought Qt used Pango, before
remembering that Pango was tied to glib; but then I couldn't find what
shaper Qt used so assumed they had my own. Demonstrates my point, though!

Incidentally, and this is now getting terminally offtopic, but I
recently discovered this:

http://nothings.org/stb/stb_truetype.h

PD (where applicable) TrueType rasterizer in one source file which
compiled to a 20kB binary! But it's not a shaper, so all you get out are
glyphs. (I actually want to use this at work. Alas, HarfBuzz looks way
too heavyweight for us.)

│ "Of course, on a sufficiently small planet, 40 km/hr is, in fact,
│ sufficient to punt the elastic spherical cow into low orbit." ---
│ Brooks Moses on r.a.sf.c