On 1 Dec 2012, at 23:30, Philipp Kraus wrote:

Can I modify eg array structures without copying into the Lua stack?

Yes, I think the simplest way, assuming your array structure won't got out of scope during the life of the Lua state, is to use a light user data (the address of array) stored in a c closure for each operation you want to perform on the array. One for get and one for set I imagine?

You would then call your script with the closures (functions) as arguments.

Thanks,
Kev