On 28/11/2012 03:57, Jay Carlson wrote:
On 28.11.2012 01:31, GrayFace wrote:
How do people even write things like "÷"? There's no such key on my
Russian keyboard.

Copy & paste? Macro in your editor? Use the capabilities of your system? [1]
In Java, you can also use \u00F7 in place of the character itself... It is translated before the parser / lexer phase.
We can also use trigrams like in C (IIRC).

[1] Moritz gave an example.
On Windows it is: http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm
More generic instructions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_input#Hexadecimal_code_input

Generic answer, as Roberto said it was only a joke: it is unlikely to see such operators in Lua anytime soon!

(and I'm sure there's some fun to be had with fullwidth too, since we're living in a non-canonical world)

Unless you use the Ubuntu system... ;-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France