On 21 November 2012 21:36, Wolfgang Pupp <wolfgang.pupp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, making the bit* library work for such int64 types would be very nice.
> I'm against bitwise operators because there are too many of them- too
> hard to remember precedence rules for all of them. There are also some
> things that *belong* into a bit library IMHO but don't have suitable
> operators (popcnt would be very nice, e.g.), so a bit* library is
> needed, anyway.

Can I ask if you have written any Lua code which uses prefix functions
for bitwise operations and if so do you really find the code easier to
understand compared to code which uses operators?

Personally I wish Hitchcock's birds would descend and pluck out my
eyes rather than look at Lua bit function code.

-- Liam