I've run into an issue when porting a program from LuaGnome to lgi.
This program loads another C library which uses some GDK functions.
Since it's a shared library I guess it expects the host program to
load the appropriate GDK libraries as well, and LuaGnome would do
this, but lgi does not? So the library can't be loaded:

lua5.1: error loading module 'display' from file './display/build/display.so':
	./display/build/display.so: undefined symbol: gdk_draw_rgb_image

I feel like I fixed this problem once before, by referencing some GDK
function in the Lua script before loading the library that depends on
it, so that the GDK libraries would be loaded. But I can't find the
program that did that now (maybe I dreamed it?), and the result is
even stranger than I expected - lgi.Gdk.draw_rgb_image is nil. As is
lgi.Gdk.pixbuf_new, on the off chance that one function had been
changed. So I'm not sure how you're meant to even use GDK with lgi,
let alone load the library so that others can use it?

--
Sent from my Game Boy.