Hello all,

being tired to wait that someone completes the Lua bindings for the Haiku API (whose work has been under way for years now, and has been discontinued), I have decided to try using Lua with Qt, which has already been ported to Haiku. (Incidentally, too bad there are so few people interested in Lua on Haiku, sigh). The latest Lua version ported to Haiku is 5.1; as for Qt, the latest version available in Haiku is 4.8. This is fine, because in any case the currently available Lua binding for Qt does not go beyond Qt 4.7.4. The Lua 5.1 + Qt 4.7.4 combination is supposed to work fine (I have yet to try it), according to the maintainer of the lqt (Lua bindings for Qt) project.

Does anyone foresee any problems using Lua and Qt on the Haiku platform? Any particular (platform-specific?) thing of which I should be aware? I am asking because I am very inexperienced, both with Lua and with Qt. From what I understand, the Lua-Qt binding, if it works, should be working exactly in the same way regardless of the platform. Or so it should be in theory. But I am not so confident yet, because of my lack of experience. Any comments or suggestions are welcome, as they could save me a lot of time and frustrations.

Thanks

Hegg