Hum, the exchange about printf brought this idea up. I imagine both pack & unpack are highly optimised, so... Is this a good idea?

Also, what about a func ('listing'?) to (re-)put in an array the items of an iterator. This may encourage writing map, filter, and much more [*], as iterators, while remaining practical for usage.

Denis

[*] I just needed one for the remaining items in an array after the first one. Which led to 'listing'.