On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
Announcing new binaries of the LuaDist batteries project.

The batteries sub-project aims to reproduce the LuaForWindows[1] distribution using LuaDist[2]. With LuaDist we can reproduce the same functionality on multiple platforms and compilers. The Windows release is currently built using MinGW32 and requires no additional runtime dependencies to be installed. Combined with the portable nature of the distribution (no install required, just unpack) this makes the project suitable for distribution of Lua-based applications.

Binaries for Windows, Ubuntu and OSX are now available for download[3].

Presumably the lua DLL produced in mingw32 was built with gcc? Can it then be linked by an application built using Visual Studio? I thought the answer would be no but I've never really looked into this...
Oliver