On 25 Oct, 2012, at 8:47 , "Humbert, Jean-Philippe" <jean-philippe.humbert@tebis.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed this projekt on  windows 7.
But F-Secure has deleted bin\mysql_config.exe with the explanation: Virus Gen: Variant.Kazy.42892.
Can you please check this?
Thank you,
I think this is a false positive, but due to my involvement with the project its best someone without bias confirms this. Use of UPX seems to confuse some anti virus software. However it is safe to delete the file as its use in context of most Lua apps is insignificant, in fact I already plan to remove it in the next release as the mysql_config.exe file is installed as part of libmysql package and is not used. It has already been removed in the "minimal" package.

VirusTotal reports the following[1] on the UPX packed file. The original file has the following scan report[2].

pd

[1] https://www.virustotal.com/file/81a50301b17c5df4a519a3d86dd41fac1fb823416a874c2e72df25435dd60855/analysis/
[2] https://www.virustotal.com/file/3dbe25d86d23267fdeda3ad83a5977e874d7ba05097c99b9bb30ae7ff8459137/analysis/