> > I had somewhere in my mind there was a LuaSocket version that
> included
> > serial connections.
>
> Its in Diego's unstable repo:
>
> https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable

Thx! That's what I was looking for, silly I missed it.

> I implemented it. We use it. We never use windows.
>
> I haven't used windows in more than a decade, but I believe that
> window's version of select only works on sockets, not on any other
> devices.

So far I've been using visual studio, but would switching to cygwin or the
likes be a workaround to make it work on windows? It's a POSIX environment,
but I don't know if the single select statement on sockets and serials is a
POSIX property?

Anyone?