If I check that package, and I was testing it, they show an example of the client that is:

local client = require "soap.client"
local ns, meth, ent = client.call {
    url = "" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://soap.4s4c.com/ssss4c/soap.asp">"http://soap.4s4c.com/ssss4c/soap.asp",
    soapaction = "doubler",
    method = "http://simon.fell.com/calc",
    entries = { -- `tag' will be filled with `method' field
        {
            tag = "nums",
            attr = {
                ["xmlns:SOAP-ENC"] = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/",
                ["SOAP-ENC:arrayType"] = "xsd:int[5]",
            },
            { tag = "number", 10 },
            { tag = "number", 20 },
            { tag = "number", 30 },
            { tag = "number", 50 },
            { tag = "number", 100 },
        },
    }
}
print("namespace = ", ns, "element name = ", meth)
for i, elem in ipairs (ent[1]) do
    print (elem[1])
end

but I have a problem because in table 'entries', the documentation says that is a table in LuaExpat's format. but I know that format and can not find documentation. If I rely on the example they show and my service only receives a parameter called 'date' and would stay that example? ofcourse knowing I have to place my namespace, my method and everything.