On 10/3/12, Andres Perera <andres.p@zoho.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I think readline can be installed on OS X. It's not necessarily a bug in
>> the
>> Makefile... readline provides useful features to the Lua interpreter when
>> running in interactive mode, something you'll be missing.
>
> well, macos includes editline
>
> seems odd that readline isn't reachable since bash likely depends on
> it in their build. maybe they imported the library solely for bash

Apple ships standard in /usr/lib, libreadline.dylib which is a symlink
to libedit.<versionnum>.dylib at least as far back as Mac OS X 10.5.

This should build out of the box, however, if you are using a binary
compiled on a newer OS X, the libedit.<version>.dylib can cause
problems because the version keeps increasing with every OS X so it
won't resolve on an older OS X.

-Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development