That makes some sense. But if it is not a built-in and out-of-box feature, I don't think it's good to be an included part of LUA_USE_MACOSX. You can always enable LUA_USE_READLINE separately on any operating system installing it. But including it in LUA_USE_SOMEOS sounds like a thing should only be done when that OS has out-of-box support to the feature.