On 02/10/2012 22:55, Coda Highland wrote:
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Andre Leiradella <andre@leiradella.com> wrote:
On 02/10/2012 19:28, Duncan Cross wrote:
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM,  <andre@leiradella.com> wrote:
Let me see if I got it right...

You're suggesting I separate the module in two different modules, one
with the low level C functions, and another one with the high level, Lua
interface which requires and uses the first one. Is that right?

Seems like a good way to go.

Thanks,

Andre
A good example to look at is LuaSocket [1], where 'socket' is a Lua
module that builds on the undocumented "internal" C module,
'socket.core'.

[1] http://w3.impa.br/~diego/software/luasocket/

-Duncan

Yes, that's probably the way I'll go. I'd rather keep everything in one
file, but that's just personal preference.

Thanks,

Andre

If that's what you REALLY insist on, you could always luaL_dostring()
from within the C module. It's not pretty, but it does have the same
effect.

/s/ Adam

That's what I was doing, I just wanted to know if there was a better (as in less ugly) way of doing it.

Thanks,

Andre