getting to know Lua, and a bit stunned to find the version I'm using has no bit-manipulation. Ovbiously not purposed at the sort of stuff I'm used to.

So I see that there is "something better" in 5.2

Off I go to install 5.2 on my PC, but I find that Lua for Windows is still stuck on 5.1.

So I have 3 questions:

1. how do I read up on how I can do bit and and shift in 5.2?
2. What would I need to do to install a new library on my 5.1 installation... is it just downloading binary or do I need to wind up a C compiler? 3. Is there a how-to to install a complete Lua set-up on Windoze? I've tried downloading the 5.2 binaies and includes and dumping them in a clone of my 5.1 directory, but that didn't end well.

TVM

David