>> Yes, it does help - I appreciate the info. In fact, I think I'll play
>> with Copas first, before I actually put the functionality into my
>> program. I'm trying to do most of this stuff myself, so I understand
>> how it (and Lua) really works, and so I know I'm really not adding more
>> than what I really need, but I also realize the benefits of not
>> reinventing the wheel when I don't have to...
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Mark
>>

>>From what you described on your usage (monitoring), the following two
> functions might give you some ideas to implement;
> - copas.delayedexecutioner;
> http://tieske.github.com/CopasTimer/files/copas/timer.html#copas.delayedexec
> utioner
> - copas.waitforcondition;
> http://tieske.github.com/CopasTimer/files/copas/timer.html#copas.waitforcond
> ition

Thanks again.  I'm actually playing with CopasTimer first - I think
it will be very useful.  I appreciate your updating the docs!

I have to say that this is the most helpful and "friendly" (that
sounds better than "civil", but that would apply, too) mailing list
I've ever subscribed to.  I've always gotten extremely good info here
and more quickly than I could've hoped for.  There was that time that
Steve Donovan humiliated me by telling everybody on the list that
my problem was self-inflicted because my code stepped on the global
variable "type", but other than that, my experience with this group
has been awesome.  (And, just so there's no misunderstanding, yes, I
AM kidding - I couldn't believe how quickly he responded with a
spot-on diagnosis of why I was having the problem I was having.)

So, my verbosity in this case is simply just intended to say "Thanks,
everybody!"

Mark