Family Historian is the UK's leading desktop genealogy application.  Version 5 comes with an integrated editor/debugger and API, which allow users to easily control and manipulate every aspect of their data, using scripts written in Lua.  Scripts can also be shared with other Family Historian users as plugins, using the Family Historian Plugin Store, access to which is also integrated into the program.

To learn more about Family Historian, please see www.family-historian.co.uk.   To learn more about version 5, see http://www.family-historian.co.uk/features/whats-new-in-v5.  To visit the Family Historian plugin store, which currently includes 49 Lua plugins, see http://www.family-historian.co.uk/pluginstore.

We are very pleased with Lua, and with the way we have been able to integrate it into the program.  Scripts run fast, and are about as economical and simple to understand as one could hope for.

Version 5 was released in March 2012, but it didn't occur to us to announce it here, until we saw from the "Where Lua Is Used web page updated" thread that the author trails this list for announcements of applications using Lua.

Simon Orde
Calico Pie