On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Sven Olsen <sven2718@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess the other side of my question is how often you folks find yourselves
> writing code that would be broken by this sort of newline sensitivity.  For
> my own part, I'll never start a function's arguments on their own line.
> While I might write:
>
> my_function(
>     arg1,arg2,...)
>
> I'd never write:
>
> my_function
>   (arg1,arg2,..)
>
> But maybe I'm unusual in this.  Are there many lua programmers out there who
> use the second pattern?

As many languages as I've used in the past, my programming style leans
towards readability by polyglots. If a Python, Ruby, JavaScript or R
programmer can't *instantly* parse my code and determine what it does
to what semantic objects, it's bad code. I stopped using Ruby
primarily because they kept tweaking the syntax to save typing at the
expense of instant readability.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?