On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<znmeb@znmeb.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM, sergei karhof <karhof21@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Qt or Gtk? which of these two GUI toolkits is easier to use from Lua?
>> Availability of bindings is one thing, ease of use is another...
>> Any downside in using one or the other?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Serg
>>

> I don't know about Gtk3, but I've always thought Qt apps looked much
> better than Gtk2 apps. You might also look at wXwidgets; they have a
> "native" look - on Linux, they look like Gtk but on a Mac they look
> like Mac apps and on Windows like Windows apps.
>

> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
> Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr
>
> How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
> oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

I'll have to second this. I don't know what quality of Lua bindings
are available, but Qt is a much better toolkit overall, in appearance
and in cross-platform support. (GTK on Mac? Still runs in X11. Qt on
Mac? Can barely tell it's not native.)

/s/ Adam