Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:
> Is anyone using the generational mode for the garbage collection in
> Lua 5.2.1?
>
> We received very little feedback about the generational mode since it
> was introduced in Lua 5.2.

Wouldn't a lack of feedback be a problem for anything turned off by
default, even if it might potentially help many programs?

[I was vaguely aware of its existence when 5.2 was released, but
forgot about it...]

But now that you're asking directly for feedback, I'm gonna try it
out...

-miles

--
The key to happiness
 is having dreams.      [from a fortune cookie]