On 11 September 2012 13:52, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Is anyone using the generational mode for the garbage collection in
> Lua 5.2.1?

Not yet. In theory it should give us quite a boost in Prosody, as we
create a lot of temporary objects. We've only recently got Prosody
more or less working under 5.2 (with some compat options). I ran some
initial benchmarks that showed good signs, but I didn't manage to go
into it very far yet - and I didn't try the generational collector.

I'll see if I can get my benchmark machine running tonight/tomorrow
and post some results.

Regards,
Matthew