Justin Cormack wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2012 09:37, "Bogdan Marinescu" <bogdan.marinescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > related note, there is a little thing called "Raspbian"
> > on http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads now, which is a recent RPi
> > Linux image with hard float. Wondering what's the LUAJit+armhf status
>
> No armhf support for luajit yet. It only gets you a little more performance
> so would stick to soft float for now.

VFP and armhf support for LuaJIT will be there by end of Q3/2012.

Anyway, the armel -> armhf ABI changes are not buying you much,
except for calls to C functions with FP arguments or return values.
Not too common, esp. since LuaJIT inlines the common math functions.

Plenty of packages and tools still have problems with the armhf ABI
or the 'arm-linux-gnueabihf' triplet (as I found out the hard way).

--Mike